Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Using High Availability to move to a new server? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:21 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:06 AM
Thanks everyone for the replys, I am looking at all these options!

In regards to recreating logins and resetting SIDs:

All the logins and service accounts are using domain accounts. I have setup the test/dev server with all the required logins and service accounts. Do I still need to look at restting SIDs? I dont have login accounts that will access any other servers or resources outside of their SQL server. (I do know the credentials created for a few jobs will need to be recreated)
Post #1357568
Posted Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:26 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:01 AM
wb.spiekerdoyle (9/11/2012)
Thanks everyone for the replys, I am looking at all these options!

In regards to recreating logins and resetting SIDs:

All the logins and service accounts are using domain accounts. I have setup the test/dev server with all the required logins and service accounts. Do I still need to look at restting SIDs? I dont have login accounts that will access any other servers or resources outside of their SQL server. (I do know the credentials created for a few jobs will need to be recreated)

You don't have to worry about SID if you're using domain accounts and they're on the same domain.
Post #1357603
Posted Tuesday, September 11, 2012 12:30 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:06 AM
Great Thanks!
Post #1357632
Posted Tuesday, September 11, 2012 5:46 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:01 AM
MysteryJimbo (9/11/2012)
Mirroring has an processing overhead on the principle server which can, and does, have a performance impact on high TPS servers. I've seen it and discounted this technology for this reason.

I have never seen this on my production boxes. What I've seen, and on SQL 2005, was some latency issues.

But as a temporary solution to migrate big databases with minimum downtime, I think Mirroring is really good.
Post #1357747
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse