Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Save mail files(.msg) from Mail Server using SSIS 2005 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 5, 2012 5:27 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, October 28, 2013 2:48 AM
Hi Guys,

I am working on SSIS packge where I want to save mail files(.msg) coming from Mail Server along with attachment using SSIS 2005
Kindly provide links if its possible...

Thanks & Regards,
Bhushan
Post #1354440
Posted Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:03 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 2:07 AM
I've done this in code in vb.net/c#.net, where you pull messages from an SMTP server, and then you can do what you want with them: delete them off the mail server, save the messages, save the attachments, etc.

I would reckon in SSIS you'll have to put the same code in place; i don't remember seeing a component to read email directly.

you could also create some CLR methods to do the same work as well, since it's the same code.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1354458
Posted Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:15 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

SSIS have "Script Task Component" where scripting language used is "Microsoft Visual Basic .NET" 2005
Could you please fwd me code link so to check in SSIS package ??
Post #1354464
Posted Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:18 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 2:07 AM

i googled "vb.net read pop3 mail" and got lots of hits for code examples; switch it around if you are more comfortable with C#, but the code is pretty basic.
I'm not familiar enough with SSIS to give you a copy-paste example yet that I know you could use.

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1354468
Posted Wednesday, September 5, 2012 6:59 AM
Valued Member

I don't want SSIS code what I want is Visual basic ASP.net 2005 code where save mail files (.msg) along with attachment is handled. Rest i will do in SSIS package.. Can you help me in this...??
Post #1354493
Posted Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:42 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 6:37 AM
bhushan_juare (9/5/2012)
I don't want SSIS code what I want is Visual basic ASP.net 2005 code where save mail files (.msg) along with attachment is handled. Rest i will do in SSIS package.. Can you help me in this...??

This is an SSIS forum. You should look for this type of help elsewhere.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1354689
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:04 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Sunday, September 14, 2014 3:17 PM
bhushan_juare (9/5/2012)
Hi Guys,

I am working on SSIS packge where I want to save mail files(.msg) coming from Mail Server along with attachment using SSIS 2005
Kindly provide links if its possible...

Thanks & Regards,
Bhushan

If you can use third-party solutions, check the commercial COZYROC Receive Mail Task. It allows you to download message from email server using one of these protocols: IMAP, Exchange and POP3 and also extract the attachments from the message. No programming skills are required.

---
SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Post #1358810
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:33 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, July 28, 2014 12:04 PM
If you have the .msg already somewhere and want to save it else......should be simple in ssis using FST.

But , lets say, if you want to extract .msg from outlook server, yes, then you will have to write code in a script task and then save the file manually in your script task.
Post #1358827
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse