Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

MS-SQL Integrity job failing again and again Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:03 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 8:04 AM
Well,

I restored the database on a different server and same MS-SOL flavor (or almost) but it's the best I can do, I have no more available servers and space for that.

It took a while, but it's there and NOT in a suspect state; database is open and available. That's good!

Now I am running (on that standby server) a DBCC CHECKDB and waiting for results. Crossing fingers!

I still believe is not data corruption, but if DBCC command via console gave errors (hopefully it will not) here's what I am planning to do;

Run this

DBCC TRACEON (3604, -1)
GO
DBCC PAGE('MyDatabase', 1, 12345, 3)
GO

Where 12345, would be the corrupted data page? Hopefully it won't be a Clustered Index. If it's a non clustered Index, drop it and recreate it. Otherwise, go back a few weeks and check backups.

I do not know if I should re-run the DBCC command via Maintenance Plan if the DBCC command via console gives errors. That may be the issue, and not real data corruption.

Post #1357992
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:31 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Today @ 8:04 AM
It took 4hrs to complete ... but no errors ...

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database xxxxxx

I guess that next (and last step) is creating a SQL job and invoke DBCC from there?
Post #1358158
Posted Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:52 PM

Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 3:20 PM
I had a similar problem. The only way, to stop it, was: doing a data migration to a database created directly on the instance with the compatibility level according to the sql server version (because I recovered from MSSQLS 2005 to MSSQLS 2008 R2 and appeared me "suspect" 3 times in one week!!! ), luckily we did not have data loss

Hope it help you.
Post #1390916
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse