Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS 2008r2 Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:48 PM
In the advanced editor for the OLE DB Destination I am adding columns to "External Columns". Once they are added I mapp the input column to the destination column and click 'OK'.
Then I get the below error message for the three columns I added. I select 'NO' to correct the error automatically and when I go back to the advanced editor the columns are no longer there.
The new columns are already in the flat file source and the destination table. How do I get the new columns to syncranize and remain?

[OLE DB Destination [21]] Warning: The external columns for component "OLE DB Destination" (21) are out of synchronization with the data source columns. The external column "NUMBER_OF_PAYMENT_EXPERIENCES_SLOW180PLUS" (18940) needs to be removed from the external columns.
The external column "EB_FILE_NB" (18939) needs to be removed from the external columns.
The external column "EB_HIT_NOHIT" (18938) needs to be removed from the external columns.
Post #1347169
Posted Monday, August 20, 2012 7:58 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:37 AM
If the relevant columns are already present in the destination table on the database, when you edit the OLE DB destination object, it should already reflect the added columns, it should not be neccessary to add them there.

Post #1347189
Posted Monday, August 20, 2012 3:01 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

You were right. I had to change the way the table was being created in the first phase of the data flow. Thanks!
Post #1347489
Posted Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:05 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

Now I need to change the data type of one of the destination (external)columns in the advanced editor but every time I change it it goes back to the original data type. The data type of the column on the table is correct but i can't seem to save the change in the ssis package. Any Ideas?
Post #1349078
Posted Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:09 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:37 AM
It should never be neccessary to manually change the output columns in a data destination component; SSIS is intelligent enough to automatically get the latest table meta data when the component is edited.

If it is not getting the latest metadata, check the "Delay validation" property for the destination component.

Post #1349081
Posted Monday, August 27, 2012 3:33 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

Will do thanks.
Post #1350621
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse