Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL Job Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:13 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, November 19, 2012 6:56 PM
hello

i have question about SQL Server Jobs

I check the job properties and see the username is 'SA'. and i check into steps and there is no user is specify in "Run AS". but still it will take one other user as this job Executed as user: 'XXXXXXX'

so how come it execute as XXXXXX user, why not sa?
Post #1345527
Posted Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:27 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 4:17 AM
Job does not run under owner's account.

1) If you run a job manually, it runs using your login.
2) If schedule it, job runs using SQL Server Agent service account.
Post #1345670
Posted Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:46 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:52 PM
Suresh B. (8/15/2012)
Job does not run under owner's account.

1) If you run a job manually, it runs using your login.
2) If schedule it, job runs using SQL Server Agent service account.

Who or what kicks the job off has nothing to do with which security context the job runs in. It has everything to do with the job owner and any proxy accounts setup for the steps.

If the job owner is in the sysadmin Server Role then the job executes in the context of the SQL Server Agent service account.

If the job owner is not in the sysadmin Server Role then the job executes in the context of the owner unless there are proxies setup for a step in which case that step runs in the context of the proxy account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1346280
Posted Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:52 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:52 PM
surma.sql (8/15/2012)
hello

i have question about SQL Server Jobs

I check the job properties and see the username is 'SA'. and i check into steps and there is no user is specify in "Run AS". but still it will take one other user as this job Executed as user: 'XXXXXXX'

so how come it execute as XXXXXX user, why not sa?

The account specified as XXXXXX will be the same as your SQL Server Agent service account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1346281
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse