Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

I cannot take full backup of sql server 2005 database because there are permission Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:57 AM
I have sql server 2005 connected to dynamic navision i try to take full backup today from sql but it display it doesnot have any permission to create backup and also i dont have sa user password and i cannot see data and i dont have any permission to create another user have admin rights and i canot see tables and data in database.last full backup 12/02/2010 and when i open navision it display data until today(06/08/2012 ) how i take full back up to sql database until today 06/08/2012 although there are permission in database sql server 2005 that display data in navision

thanks
Post #1340956
Posted Tuesday, August 7, 2012 3:40 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 4:10 AM
Do you not know of anyone who has access to the SQL server as a db_owner of the database in question or db_backupoperator in the database in question, or a SysAdmin?

If not, you will need to start SQL in single user mode, and create an account which has SA rights, then you can do what you need to do.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1341103
Posted Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:02 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:27 AM
Hi Ahmed,

Assuming the issue is with a single database,
Please ask the DBA to add your login to db_backupoperator role which is existed on the database.

Thanks,
Mohammed
Post #1341457
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse