Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 1234»»»

Contained Databases Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 8:27 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Contained Databases

Wayne
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
Links: For better assistance in answering your questions, How to ask a question, Performance Problems, Common date/time routines,
CROSS-TABS and PIVOT tables Part 1 & Part 2, Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2, Splitting Delimited Strings
Post #1335537
Posted Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:37 PM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Today @ 11:26 AM
Nice straightforward question, thanks.

I could remember 3 of the four answers, but on the mirroring one I was racking my brains to no avail, and finally gave up and consulted BoL. The information seemed quite hard to find (for example, if I'd taken the first apparently relevant page I found in BoL, ALTER DATABASE Database Mirroring, at face value I would have got it horribly wrong. I ended up reading quite a bit. SO for me the question was a good learning experience.

Tom
Post #1335543
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:28 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Friday, August 22, 2014 6:57 AM
Nice simple question on SQL Server 2012 new features thank you.Got my point surprised only 27% got it so far.

“When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” - Sydney Harris
Post #1335624
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:53 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:53 AM
Damn, got 3 out of the 4, I thought mirroring wouldn't of been true as it is now a depreciated feature so, wouldn't of thought the two would co-exist.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1335635
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:55 AM
SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Saturday, August 23, 2014 3:08 AM
Good Question.....
Post #1335637
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:59 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 11:03 AM
Good question. I was in the same boat as Tom, was it replication or mirroring...
But I didn't check BOL ( ) took a punt on replication, oh well!

Rodders...

Post #1335643
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:50 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:38 PM
anthony.green (7/26/2012)
Damn, got 3 out of the 4, I thought mirroring wouldn't of been true as it is now a depreciated feature so, wouldn't of thought the two would co-exist.

I also thought the same
But in the end changed my mind, thinking that what would be the use of contained DB, if it cannot be mirrored? Features like running environment reports from contained DBs and other stuff like delegating access control will be of no use without mirroring.

~ Lokesh Vij

Guidelines for quicker answers on T-SQL question
Guidelines for answers on Performance questions

Link to my Blog Post --> www.SQLPathy.com

Follow me @Twitter

Post #1335661
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:40 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 9:03 PM
anthony.green (7/26/2012)

+1

Post #1335712
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:54 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 7:31 AM
Thank you for the great question. The answer on mirroring kinda threw me for a loop; I had it and then second guessed myself and got it wrong.

Everything is awesome!
Post #1335778
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:23 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Monday, July 14, 2014 7:18 AM
I was also stumped on the mirroring option. Did a quick lookup on msdn and found the alter database mirroring options are not available for contained databases. I guess I learned something new, but I'll have to read up on this some more. "How is it available, but it cannot be altered?" is the first question I need to answer for myself.. :P

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb522476.aspx
Post #1335826
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 1234»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse