Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSC Clinic: Can Implementing "Optimize for Ad Hoc Queries" Boost Performance for the SQLServerCentral.com and Simple-Talk.Com SQL Servers? Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, January 10, 2014 7:20 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SSC Clinic: Can Implementing "Optimize for Ad Hoc Queries" Boost Performance for the SQLServerCentral.com and Simple-Talk.Com SQL Servers?

Brad M. McGehee
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Director of DBA Education, Red Gate Software
www.bradmcgehee.com
Post #1314167
Posted Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:13 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:33 AM
Excellent write up. I've been looking into implementing this on one of my servers. Would it be helpful to look that the total composition of the plan cache to get a comparative figure? As with many things in SQL Server, numbers are relative to size.
Post #1315857
Posted Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:09 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, January 10, 2014 7:20 AM
jshurak (6/14/2012)
Excellent write up. I've been looking into implementing this on one of my servers. Would it be helpful to look that the total composition of the plan cache to get a comparative figure? As with many things in SQL Server, numbers are relative to size.

Kimberly Tripp has a query at the following web page that does just that. http://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/kimberly/post/procedure-cache-and-optimizing-for-adhoc-workloads.aspx

Brad M. McGehee
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Director of DBA Education, Red Gate Software
www.bradmcgehee.com
Post #1315914
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse