Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Database Configuration Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, June 10, 2012 12:58 PM
Hi,
I want to open Primavera P6, but the system asks me for configuration, when I started the following massage came:

Select an existing database alias, or enter a new database alias name to be created. If you are configuring a connection for the first time, select your database driver type using the list of driver types below. If you are not sure which alias or driver type to use, contact your administrator.

Database alias:
PMDB

Driver type:
Microsoft SQL server

Anyone tell me please which one should I select. I am new in configuration of database.

Thank you
Zarmina Popal
Post #1313591
Posted Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:09 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 7:57 AM
You should probably speak to your system admin. There's no way we're going to know what the right settings are for an app on your network.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1313600
Posted Monday, June 11, 2012 8:07 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Friday, October 18, 2013 6:12 AM
PMDB is the project management database in P6, most likely the database of interest to you. P6 can use either Oracle or SQL Server as a backend database. If you know that your instance of P6 uses SQL Server, then that is the driver to use.
Post #1313876
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse