Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Sharepoint List Source Error -A possible reason might be you are trying to retrieve too many items at a time (Batch size) Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, August 22, 2014 10:05 AM
I am trying to get data from a Sharepoint List using the following CAML Query in SharePoint List Source

<Query><Where><Contains><FieldRef Name='Function Affected'/><Value Type='Text'>IT</Value></Contains></Where></Query>

I am able to query some other columns from the same SharePoint List without any error msg

I have set the Batch Size to values between 10 and 1000, but still am getting the following error message.

[SharePoint List Source [1]] Error: Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.SharePointUnhandledException: Unspecified SharePoint Error. A possible reason might be you are trying to retrieve too many items at a time (Batch size) ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown. Server stack trace: at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListsService.ListsSoap.GetListItems(GetListItemsRequest request) at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListsService.ListsSoapClient.ListsService_ListsSoap_GetListItems(GetListItemsRequest request) at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListsService.ListsSoapClient.GetListItems(String listName, String viewName, XElement query, XElement viewFields, String rowLimit, XElement queryOptions, String webID) at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.Adapter.ListsAdapter.GetSharePointListItems(String listName, String viewId, XElement queryXml, XElement viewXml, Int16 pagingSize, XElement queryOptionsXml) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.Adapter.ListsAdapter.GetSharePointListItems(String listName, String viewId, XElement queryXml, XElement viewXml, Int16 pagingSize, XElement queryOptionsXml) at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.Adapter.ListsAdapter.GetSharePointListItemData(String listName, String viewId, IEnumerable`1 fieldNames, XElement query, Boolean isRecursive, Int16 pagingSize) at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListServiceUtility.GetListItemData(Uri sharepointUri, NetworkCredential credentials, String listName, String viewName, IEnumerable`1 fieldNames, XElement query, Boolean isRecursive, Int16 pagingSize) at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListSource.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper, Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, IDTSBuffer90[] buffers, IntPtr ppBufferWirePacket)

Post #1309363
Posted Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:05 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:16 AM
I have found exactly the same error. The following steps helped me.

1. Make sure that you are executing in 32 bit.
2. In the Show Advanced Editor for the Sharepoint List Adapter Source, go to Input and Output Properties and remove the unnecessary columns from there.

That resolved my issue.

Thanks

A. Pillay
Post #1314596
Posted Monday, September 23, 2013 12:56 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:02 PM
Did you ever find a resolution to this? I am running the x86 adapter and I am only trying to pull in one field, but still no luck.
Post #1497504
Posted Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:10 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Monday, August 11, 2014 2:59 AM
apillay2 (6/12/2012)
I have found exactly the same error. The following steps helped me.

1. Make sure that you are executing in 32 bit.
2. In the Show Advanced Editor for the Sharepoint List Adapter Source, go to Input and Output Properties and remove the unnecessary columns from there.

That resolved my issue.

Thanks

A. Pillay

Hey Dude! You helped me !! It solved my same issue :) Thanks a lot !!!
Post #1505083
Posted Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:07 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:29 AM
Hi,

Removing unnecessary columns fixed the problem. Thank you!
Post #1505827
Posted Monday, April 28, 2014 1:09 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, August 22, 2014 6:50 AM
I have only one field but still getting an same error and running package in 32 bit
Post #1565681
Posted Sunday, May 4, 2014 10:15 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, May 4, 2014 10:14 PM
I am also facing the same problem and it is not resolved by running with 32bit. Also I am fetching only one column. Please suggest.
Post #1567406
Posted Monday, May 5, 2014 12:26 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 12:15 AM
montu.saurabh (5/4/2014)
I am also facing the same problem and it is not resolved by running with 32bit. Also I am fetching only one column. Please suggest.

Which version of SSIS are you running? If SSIS 2012 or 2014, you can use the new OData Source. It works pretty great and you can easily select one column using the query parameters.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1567416
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse