Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1314151617»»

The Beer Cooler Thread Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, November 21, 2014 9:35 AM
usually an Asda shopper myself.
Never mind. I'm sure things'll turn around for you any day now.
Post #1427376
Posted Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:14 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Friday, October 24, 2014 12:43 PM
I am calling it a day. I will head to Black Raven http://blackravenbrewing.com/ to down a pint of their Totem Ale (or two).

BTW, the linked page gives you a good example of an area covered by a Pacific Northwest microbrewery.
Post #1427661
Posted Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:01 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 5:54 AM
Revenant (3/6/2013)
I am calling it a day. I will head to Black Raven http://blackravenbrewing.com/ to down a pint of their Totem Ale (or two).

BTW, the linked page gives you a good example of an area covered by a Pacific Northwest microbrewery.

Oregon ales used to be available over here a few years ago. Oddbin's and the beer stall in Borough Market, London. I've had their Hazelnut Brown Ale, Dead Guy Ale, Shakespeare Stout and all were unforgettably good. They're not session ales, most of them are 6% or more. Right there on your doorstep, Revenant.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden
Exploring Recursive CTEs by Example Dwain Camps
Post #1427818
Posted Friday, May 10, 2013 4:38 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:27 AM
Just stumbled across this post, and loving the replies. Many a new beer for me to try!

My favourite has got to be Samuel Adams. It's from Boston I think, and tastes just divine! Highly recommended!
Post #1451510
Posted Friday, May 10, 2013 7:05 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:54 PM
jamesscott2005 (5/10/2013)
Just stumbled across this post, and loving the replies. Many a new beer for me to try!

My favourite has got to be Samuel Adams. It's from Boston I think, and tastes just divine! Highly recommended!

Sam Adams is from Boston but which one do you like. They make a number of beers.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1451569
Posted Friday, May 10, 2013 8:54 AM

Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:46 PM
It's official, I've switched from Foster's to Smithwick's, which is a Guinness beer.

Post #1451632
Posted Friday, May 10, 2013 8:56 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:27 AM
This is the beauty.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9wdn6DL0x1rf31mzo1_400.jpg

Post #1451634
Posted Friday, May 10, 2013 8:57 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

mtillman-921105 (5/10/2013)
It's official, I've switched from Foster's to Smithwick's, which is a Guinness beer.

Smithwick's is one my favorites too!!!!

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Post #1451635
Posted Friday, May 10, 2013 9:08 AM

Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:46 PM
Sean Lange (5/10/2013)

I like rich, strong, red, beers, but not too strong (like Guinness itself). Smithwick's and Foster's may not be red beers, but they're close to the same quality of a typical red beer.

The odd part is, I've been drinking Foster's for decades now and finally found something better (here in the American market anyway). But at times, Foster's can be kind of skunky - I don't know why unless it's old or abused in shipping at times. But Smithwick's is always good - at least so far.

(Edit for bad English...)

Post #1451637
Posted Friday, May 10, 2013 9:16 AM

SSChampion

Sean Lange (5/10/2013)

I like rich, strong, red, beers, but not too strong (like Guinness itself). Smithwick's and Foster's may not be red beers, but they're close to the same quality of a typical red beer.

The odd part is, I've been drinking Foster's for decades now and finally found something better (here in the American market anyway). But at times, Foster's can be kind of skunky - I don't know why unless it's old or abused in shipping at times. But Smithwick's is always good - at least so far.

(Edit for bad English...)

I too like strong beers. I prefer the dark beers to the reds myself. My favorite is Guinness Draught. I like it better than the extra stout. I have been drinking Smithwick's for years and it never disappoints!!! I used to be able to find Beamish stout but haven't seen it here in the Midwest for a long time.

Post #1451641
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1314151617»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse