Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Can't deploy reports from BIDS to reporting services Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:45 PM
We are on the same page, let's go with the next step, once you UAC is reset back to its original value (enabled) and you had rebooted the machine, you will start your browser (Internet Explorer, it will be better than anything else at the moment), the you will navigate to your Report Manager by entering its URL, I expect it to be something like: http://DBA/Reports (I am not sure is you are using an instance name.

Now the attached picture show the behavior on my laptop, I get a login screen where I enter my account (without the 'domain' or 'machine' name) and password (I dealt with this issue last week, so, I haven't tried to get rid of this password yet); notice that I drew an arrow to the 'DOMAIN', which is your case, the expected value should be DBA.

After you enter your login credentials, the Report Manager should show you the 'administration' controls, please let us know.

Hope this helps,
Rock from VbCity

Post Attachments 
akumbabarns_02.png (85 views, 69.60 KB)
Post #1303337
Posted Monday, May 21, 2012 8:01 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, August 18, 2014 6:38 AM
Hello Rock,

I did that and still no luck.
Please see the attached file.

I just tried running Internet Explorer as Administrator (by right-clicking on Internet Explorer and selecting "Run as Administrator) and I inputted the login details and it worked.
How do I go about solving this issue so that I don't need to Run IE as Administrator before it works?.

Post Attachments 
Login.pdf (5 views, 144.49 KB)
Post #1303389
Posted Monday, May 21, 2012 8:27 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Hi akumbabarns

I certainly forgot to tell you about IE settings, there are a couple of things you should do.

1. Add your machine's name to the trusted sites on the Security tab at the Internet Options
2. Enable Integrated Windows Authentication on the Advanced tab at the Internet Options

These settings are at the Internet Options, see the pictures below.

and

You should close all your IE sessions and re-start it to see these changes applied.

Once you apply these changes you should be able to use IE without running it as Administrator, and you should get all the Report Management buttons as well.

The Report Management with all its buttons and controls, you wont see the folders as you have to deploy your project to get them, which is the next step below.

If you reach this point, "Report Management" with all its controls, the next step is to open your SSRS solution with BIDS, right click on the project name, select properties and change them at described on the picture below.

It is late here, so I will read your reply tomorrow (6-7 hours from now)

Hope this helps,
Rock from VbCity

Post Attachments 
akumbabarns_03.png (69 views, 108.47 KB)
akumbabarns_04.png (69 views, 56.81 KB)
akumbabarns_06.png (322 views, 57.24 KB)
akumbabarns_05.png (298 views, 74.75 KB)
Post #1303416
Posted Monday, May 21, 2012 8:57 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Hello Rock,
Thank you so much for your time.
I've done as directed and it worked well. The Report Manager is working very well now.
The only issue left now is with BIDS. It is still repeatedly bringing up the Reporting Services login page even after I fill the correct credentials.
See attachment.

Post Attachments 
BIDSscreen.pdf (4 views, 160.15 KB)
Post #1303431
Posted Monday, May 21, 2012 9:12 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

Hi akumbabarns

Take a look at the last picture on my previous message, right-click on your project, click on properties and make sure that the TargetServerURL is http://DBA/ReportServer_MSSQLSERVER08, once you set these parameters you should be able to deploy without entering any credential, and Report Manager should render the Data Sources and the report objects.

You are almost there

Hope this helps,
Rock from VbCity
Post #1303447
Posted Monday, May 21, 2012 9:29 AM
Grasshopper

Thanks Rock.
Been able to go through now.
Realised I was using the Report Manager Url (http://dba/Reports_MSSQLSERVER08) instead of the Report Server url (http://dba/ReportServer_MSSQLSERVER08).

It has worked perfectly.
I really appreciate.
Post #1303462
Posted Monday, May 21, 2012 3:55 PM

SSC-Enthusiastic

Hi akumbabarns

I am glad it worked , this topic's documentation is spread across several documents over the internet, it took me about two days to work it out.

Hope this helps,
Rock from VbCity
Post #1303775
Posted Monday, December 24, 2012 12:46 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, February 23, 2013 2:49 PM
I'm dealing with a similar problem. When I try to deploy reports, I get the following error:

Error rsAccessDenied : The permissions granted to user '<MyDomain>\<MyUsername>' are insufficient for performing this operation.

I don't get any prompts.

UPDATE: I'm designing the reports on the report server. I'm logged in with a domain user account. The SSS service is configured to run using this same domain admin account.

After reviewing this lengthy thread ... as well as so many other threads with people experiencing the same problem ... I have to ask: Why the heck is this so difficult? And after reviewing similar threads, I feel like I need a 10-page flow chart to figure out the myriad of permutations of potential solutions that can resolve this problem. Why did Microsoft seemingly go out of their way to make this so hard to set up, troubleshoot, and resolve?!?

I'm about to try the steps in this thread ... but I'm not optimistic.
UPDATE: Now I can deploy reports but get a permission error when I attempt to execute them from Report Manager. I will start a new thread.
Post #1399978
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse