Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

How To Find SQL Server Objects Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, February 26, 2010 7:01 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/AKaus

Post #128029
Posted Tuesday, August 17, 2004 11:53 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:41 PM
It seems like the Object Search (F4) from Query Analyzer accomplishes the same goal with a nice UI for flexible searching?

Post #132366
Posted Wednesday, August 18, 2004 12:18 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Saturday, October 23, 2010 4:51 AM
We have

We have to appreciate this work ,this is going to be use full while we are going for development of access control portion of very large database applications.

For object search purpose the Object Browser of Query analyzer is the best way . It allows palce holders like LIKE statement (%,?,_…) in object name filed

Regards

john

Post #132460
Posted Wednesday, August 17, 2005 12:55 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:54 AM

Well I didn't know about  sp_MSforeachdb, and I didn't know you could press F4 in query analyzer to get an object search tool, so thanks to both of you...

BR

David

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
Post #211111
Posted Wednesday, August 17, 2005 8:04 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:17 PM
Per the sample script, you may want to place brackets around the ? in case you have database names containing periods, etc.  There's also a couple minor syntax problems in the example (misplaced #) and quotes being translated into left/right quotes.
Post #211165
Posted Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:48 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:30 AM
Lot of typo's in the script, annoying.

Greetz,
Hans Brouwer
Post #436698
Posted Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:58 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 8:11 AM
Ashish (and all) --

Please help.

I saw the excellent article...

"

How To Find SQL Server Objects

By Ashish Kaushal, 2004/08/17

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Advanced+Querying/howtofindsqlserverobjects/1446/

"

...but I am still stuck because the Sql login that I use to check for SP existence is only a member of the following UserMappings...

public, db_datawriter

...and, as such, that user does not have permissions to query sysobjects, or so it seems because such a query always returns a null result...

...so, is there a workaround?

Please advise.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski
Post #835635
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse