Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c...Someone help please Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:05 AM
a new instance of SQL Server 2008 was installed and it would only allow you enter with Windows authentication. When you try sa logon it fails. Please what's the issue? I saw this error in the Event viewer log, thought it might be connected:

SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c, state 14 while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. Reason: AcceptSecurityContext failed. The Windows error code indicates the cause of failure. [CLIENT: 192.168.43.69].

Any solutions?

Charles.
Post #1265811
Posted Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:20 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:46 PM
have u had a look at this
http://www.secretgeek.net/boring_sql_one.asp

Have u tried connecting to the server any other way?

Jayanth Kurup
Post #1265818
Posted Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:05 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:05 AM
Hi
Jayanth_Kurup,

I discovered I could connect via Widows Authentication, but when I changed the password it still didn't work.
So I checked the error log and found that the installation was not configured to accept mixed mode authentication.

So I got in again via Windows Auth and changed the settings.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188670.aspx.

It's Okay now. Thanks.
Post #1266135
Posted Monday, June 24, 2013 10:04 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Today @ 1:03 PM
Hi Jaynath,
I am a newbie. Now I found answer for this problem. How do I find out user name. Since the logs just gives me [Client: 00.000.00.00]. And I work from a remote location. So If you could guide me that would be great help.
Thanks in advance
Post #1466967
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse