Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSMA v2 for Oracle Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:45 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:04 PM
Hi all -
I am in the process of migrating from oracle 8.1.0.6 to sql server. I am trying to use the SSMA (version 2, I tried 4 and 5 and they are not compatible with that version of oracle) utility, but am running into an issue with the license key. I can't get one. I go through the instructions on the popup, but it does nothing after it takes me to the website. Anyone have any ideas in how to go about getting the license file?
Cheers!
Dan
Post #1259108
Posted Saturday, March 3, 2012 1:52 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:15 AM
robert.baird 2778 (2/28/2012)
I am in the process of migrating from oracle 8.1.0.6 to sql server. I am trying to use the SSMA (version 2, I tried 4 and 5 and they are not compatible with that version of oracle) utility, but am running into an issue with the license key. I can't get one. I go through the instructions on the popup, but it does nothing after it takes me to the website. Anyone have any ideas in how to go about getting the license file?

Oracle 8 has being unsupported for years now.

How big is the database? You want to hear a crazy but practical idea - depending on database size?

Create an Oracle 11g database, export data from Oracle 8i and import into 11g then you can use the most recent version of SSMA to do the migration.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
Post #1261191
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse