Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

London Job Market Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, February 27, 2012 10:18 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:53 PM
Hi all.

After working in Seattle USA for the last 15 years, due to family commitments, I need to move back to the UK and would like to find contracting gigs in London or the South east.
I am out of touch with with the UK market, and would like some insights on the availability of work right now giving the troubles in the economy, and what sort of rates would be realistic.

Also, can anybody recommend some good agencies to contact. Ideally I would like to have something lined up before moving.

So, I have 10 years+ development experience with SQL Server development working for Microsoft, Expedia, At&T and a few others.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Patrick

pef
Post #1258388
Posted Monday, February 27, 2012 12:05 PM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Friday, June 27, 2014 12:43 PM
Have you tried using LinkedIn to contact any connections from that area? I've found that useful in researching this kind of thing.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Post #1258453
Posted Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:25 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 6:53 AM
put your CV up on the job boards like totaljobs.com/jobsite.co.uk/monster.co.uk/contractjobs.com, you will get plenty of agencies contacting you.

i've just started a new role and i'm still constantly being called by agencies saying they have plenty of work in London

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1258799
Posted Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:25 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:14 AM
pef (2/27/2012)
Hi all.

After working in Seattle USA for the last 15 years, due to family commitments, I need to move back to the UK and would like to find contracting gigs in London or the South east.
I am out of touch with with the UK market, and would like some insights on the availability of work right now giving the troubles in the economy, and what sort of rates would be realistic.

Also, can anybody recommend some good agencies to contact. Ideally I would like to have something lined up before moving.

So, I have 10 years+ development experience with SQL Server development working for Microsoft, Expedia, At&T and a few others.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Patrick

I tried to get job by contacting thru totaljobs.com /jobsite BUT all need that we have UK citizenship / living there....
Is it the case with you?

Regards
sKYBVI
Post #1305364
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse