Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Salary question (London) Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:10 PM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, October 27, 2014 1:17 AM
Anyone have any idea how you would price up the following roles? Job sites seem to vary so much...

1) DBA Team Leader

2) Software Development Manager WITH DBA responsibility

The latter seems the toughest to get a feel for as its an unusual position

Passing advice on to a friend of mine planning some new positions within his IT department
Post #1239070
Posted Friday, February 10, 2012 9:48 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Saturday, December 28, 2013 5:45 PM
Dice.com says that the average I.T. worker gets paid $80,000 per year. Some parts of the U.S. are expensive. Some of the jobs pay proportionately more. But your description sounds way above average. Hope this helps.

Does anyone know what a typical DBA makes?
Post #1250670
Posted Friday, February 10, 2012 10:36 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Friday, October 24, 2014 12:43 PM
It depends on the regional economy. I can speak only for the West Cost of the US where I live.

Specifically, in the Redmond sphere of influence:

(1) $95k per year plus generous benefits

(2) $110k per year plus (the same) generous benefits (that combination of skills is more difficult to find)
Post #1250675
Posted Friday, February 10, 2012 10:53 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Friday, October 24, 2014 12:43 PM
Addendum:

Even when the original question was framed for London (England, I suppose, as opposed to Connecticut or Ontario), I think that the numbers hold. DBAs can travel and their skills are in demand enywhere, in London, Dubai, Shenghai, Silicon Valley, Redmond or Manhattan, so IMO it comes to the ratio between the salary and living expenses, with a correction for the option of working remotely.
Post #1250676
Posted Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:53 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 7:27 AM
Shark Energy (1/19/2012)
Anyone have any idea how you would price up the following roles? Job sites seem to vary so much...

1) DBA Team Leader

2) Software Development Manager WITH DBA responsibility

The latter seems the toughest to get a feel for as its an unusual position

Passing advice on to a friend of mine planning some new positions within his IT department

What do you mean by Software Development Manager WITH DBA responsibility?

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1250705
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse