Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Better Than Batman Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:39 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
paul s-306273 (1/19/2012)
So how do we end up with a society that upholds Apple (new iphone/ipad etc. every 6 months to exploit those who MUST have the latest gadget) yet despises Microsoft?

And Apple seems to be far more controlling and authoritarian than Microsoft.

-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers --
Post #1238621
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:54 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Monday, November 24, 2014 11:19 AM
His foundation is a front for something far worse than it seem.
This post should be removed and Grasshopper should be blocked.

In reaction to bad science, school boards are figuring out ways to stop teaching anything that is not based on evidence. That would include videos like this.

Bill Gates is working on the population problem in the Southern hemisphere, but that in no way implies he wants to kill people. The problem is, the Northern hemisphere over-consumes. Throughout history, the lower classes have used one of the few weapons they have to maintain their cultures, that is, reproduction. This is now happening on a global scale. If he Northern hemisphere stopped taking (at extremely low cost to them but high cost to those in the SH) the resources that the Southern hemisphere manages to produce, they would have time and resources to educate themselves, keep themselves healthy, and as has happened in every society throughout history, they would have fewer children.

This is a healthy, sensible, moral strategy wth historical precedence.
Post #1238712
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:07 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, April 10, 2014 6:27 AM
It is eugenics by it scientific name, and there is evidence if you would take the time to look, but I doubt you watch the 100 minute video. Also you can start the investigation at Infowars.com, But don’t just take my word, look it up yourself.
Post #1238730
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:29 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:16 PM
jay holovacs (1/19/2012)
So how do we end up with a society that upholds Apple (new iphone/ipad etc. every 6 months to exploit those who MUST have the latest gadget) yet despises Microsoft?

Apple is only controlling inside of their ecosphere and products. They philosophically see products as built, and fixed, by them. They don't want to build an open product that you can hack or play with. They don't force retailers or other manufacturers to sell only their product, something Microsoft did and was sued for.

You might not like Apple's model, but there's nothing about it designed to dominate the world. It's just the way they do things.

In terms of exploiting, I'm not sure someone wanting the latest and greatest can ever "not" be exploited. Lots of people don't have the latest, Apple has a fast product cycle, and you can choose to upgrade or not. I still have lots of friends with 1st and 2nd generation Touches, and 4th or 5th gen Nanos, which are a few models out of date. Lots of those plastic Macbooks out there that still work great for many people.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1238761
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:30 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Jesus Cardenas Mercado (1/19/2012)
Thank you for your words Steve, it was a great and very human editorial, and to be true, I think that you have already a place in that "Better Than Batman" list.

Take care everyone.
JCM

<blush>thanks</blush>

Post #1238763
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:36 AM

SSC-Dedicated

hnhaney2 (1/19/2012)
I believe in doing good things, but as for Bill Gates is concerned, his foundation is doing more damage than good. His foundation is a front for something far worse than it seem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WQtRI7A064
But the truth be told that they real want 90% of the world population gone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho
You should always check the real motive of any big organization. Many times it not what it seems.

Your video cherry picks certain items, and in the comments, indeed says that Mr. Gates is not looking to eliminate current population, but lower growth. The "deduction" is a leap, and not supported by anything in the video.

Post #1238767
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:16 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:53 PM
If anyone wants to make a difference, then I cannot suggest a better way to help humanity than to contribute to CRS. Catholic Relief Services is the single largest charity in the world in terms of geographic coverage. Their administrative overhead is pennies on the dollar. Wherever and whenever there is a disaster or need, great or small, CRS is there helping, not just with physical relief but relief for the heart and the soul as well.

It doesn't matter if you are Catholic or not, christian or not, atheist, agnostic or whatever label you want to use. They are quite frankly a first rate and unselfish organization that always acts with humility and compassion.
Post #1238820
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:24 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/19/2012)
jay holovacs (1/19/2012)

Apple is only controlling inside of their ecosphere and products. They philosophically see products as built, and fixed, by them. They don't want to build an open product that you can hack or play with. They don't force retailers or other manufacturers to sell only their product, something Microsoft did and was sued for.

Well their control over independent software is part of the problem. But they do put a strangle hold on content providers such as magazine publishers. They contracturally mandate that prices charged for other platforms NOT be less than charged in the Apple store (where they take a 30% cut) so they effectively raise prices for all of us.

Post #1238835
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:27 AM
Right there with Babe

[b]j_e_o (1/19/2012...
It doesn't matter if you are Catholic or not, christian or not, atheist, agnostic or whatever label you want to use. They are quite frankly a first rate and unselfish organization that always acts with humility and compassion.

People are free to donate where they wish, but as far as I am concerned, any relief organization that works against voluntary population control or against the distribution of condoms in parts of the world where AIDS is endemic is a problem.

Post #1238842
Posted Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:33 AM
Valued Member

Last Login: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:53 PM
People are free to donate where they wish, but as far as I am concerned, any relief organization that works against voluntary population control or against the distribution of condoms in parts of the world where AIDS is endemic is a problem.

What you cannot deny is that they do a great deal of good, despite your objection to some of their policies (i.e., they don't distribute condoms). But it is your time and money and you can give it to whomever you wish.
Post #1238853
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse