Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

default thread subscription Expand / Collapse
Author
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:10 AM
Right now I can't seem to find a way to set my default thread subscription to none.
More often than not, I don't want reply notification emails so I have to go back into my properties and unsubscribe after every post I make.
Is that an option that I'm missing or is it not a feature?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Forum posting etiquette. Get your answers faster.
Post #1235628
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 7:38 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 10:54 AM
I went looking for that option a while back and couldn't find it either.
Post #1235646
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 8:02 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Monday, November 17, 2014 12:50 PM
When you click Add Reply to a thread, there's an option at the bottom of the screen for what subscription you want. It sets that as your default when you do it.

It is set locally (probably a cookie, but I haven't checked), so if you use a different computer than usual, or get a new computer, or anything like that, it will reset your default. (Personally, I find that really annoying. I wish it were an account-level option.)

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Post #1235666
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 8:37 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 4:16 PM
Gus is correct. It's a toggle, left to the last thing you had in the drop down when you posted.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1235698
Posted Friday, January 13, 2012 9:15 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:10 AM
awesome!
Gus gets an extra point!

(I was notified of this winning reply by unwanted thread subscription notification of which I was grateful for just this one time)

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Forum posting etiquette. Get your answers faster.
Post #1235742
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse