Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Tutorial: Adding Conditional Formatting into Reporting Services Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Monday, August 19, 2013 12:07 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/colu

Brian Knight
Free SQL Server Training Webinars
Post #123372
Posted Monday, July 12, 2004 10:52 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 12, 2004 10:37 PM

Hi Brain Knight,

I am working in SQL reporting services for the past few months to implement reports module in my project. I have few doubts in that. I have gone thru few sites but no one cleared my doubt. My doubts are

1. Can we have multiple queries for a dataset.

2. Can we have multiple dataset for a dataregion.

The thing is i have to fetch data from various tables to generate the report. (populate in a single table/chart)

Please help me to proceed.

Thanks in advance

Prasanna

Post #125978
Posted Monday, July 26, 2004 5:55 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:46 PM

Prasanna,

I am also new to Reporting Services, but have had a similar issue in populating a chart and table - which only allow a single dataset to be tied to it.  If you cannot build a query using joins to return a single resultset containing all the fields needed for your chart/table, then, you may have to write a stored procedure which returns the data you need from a temp table.  The stored procedure can contain your various queries which populate a temp table - and then have the stored proc return or select those fields needed by your Reporting Services object.

Post #128147
Posted Thursday, September 02, 2004 10:41 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:27 PM

I can't use this background color methodogy in a matrix.

When I use the expression:

=iif(RowNumber(Nothing) Mod 2, "WhiteSmoke", "White")

I receive the error:

The background color expression for the textbox ‘textboxname’ has a scope parameter that is not valid for RunningValue, RowNumber or Previous.  The scope parameter must be set to a string constant that is equal to the name of a containing group within the matrix ‘matrix1’

How can I modify the expression to resolve this?

thanks for any help.

Post #135100
Posted Tuesday, October 05, 2004 9:04 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 8:57 AM
I am trying to get an answer to this question as well, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Post #140105
Posted Wednesday, July 06, 2005 5:56 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:23 AM

Did you get a solution to the "The scope parameter must be set to a string constant that is equal to the name of a containing group within the matrix" issue ?#

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

Post #197335
Posted Friday, September 16, 2005 7:04 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Thursday, February 07, 2013 11:44 AM
Thanks Brian, one more step into the world of Reporting Services.

Post #220623
Posted Friday, September 16, 2005 10:05 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 19, 2005 5:28 PM

Thanks for the articles, Brian.  This is the first time I've used the Reporting Services and I'm anxious to try more.

One question though.  The reports generated are static, right?  I mean, they don't update or refresh as data changes?  If so, do you plan to write an article on how to create a dynamic report page?  I'd like to create a series of job report pages that would automatically generate reports each morning on the previous night's jobs for each of our servers.

Also, I'd like to find out how to deploy the report to a different server.  Right now, it deploys by default to your own computer (localhost) which is fine for testing but suppose I want to deploy it to our web server which sits outside our network in a "DMZ"?  Do I need to install anything on the web server to run these reports?  How can I share out the reports I have on my computer with others?

And how and where do I delete reports?

Post #220749
Posted Wednesday, December 28, 2005 6:29 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 6:24 AM
Yea, that RowNumber(Nothing) is really bothering me. Doesn't work for a matrix report, only table. Any ideas? 
Post #246909
Posted Friday, September 29, 2006 11:14 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2008 9:56 AM
I have been using SSRS since it came out for SQL 2000.

1. One of the questions asked for multiple queries per DataSet. In this, one query IS a DataSet, so the answer is no. Do not think of the DataSet as the same one in .NET.

2. If you want a report to automatically refresh, this is not possible without a call to the server. So, to simulate this, under the "Report Properties" dialog, check the "Auto Refresh" box and set your interval.

3. As for the RowNumber problem, I am not sure. Have you tried putting it at the row level and just changing what you need there? I have never had a need to do a matrix yet, so I am not sure. It would make sense why it wouldn't work since a matrix is not a listing of data rows.
Post #312368
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse