Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1234

Database in 'Recovery Pending' State -Error 945 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, December 30, 2011 10:01 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 2:35 PM
Wait. CheckDB has to complete. Since the DB is in single user mode, you won't be able to connect to it from any other session.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1228476
Posted Friday, December 30, 2011 11:31 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, November 17, 2014 9:07 AM
IT WORKED!!!! DBCC came back with only 1 inconsistancy and fixed 1 inconsistancy. It also told me the table where to find it in. I selected the audit table and found a date time column. It showed data right up until the time it went down! This is excellent news! Thanks for all the assistance guys! I really appreciate it!
Post #1228511
Posted Friday, December 30, 2011 11:47 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 2:35 PM
Bear in mind there may still be transactional inconsistencies (where part of a transaction completed only), you could have orphaned rows (foreign key constraints that are now violated)
You need to check for stuff like that, but it needs knowledge of how the system works and what the data means.

Also run CheckConstraints, run a checkDB (without repair) and make sure that they don't pick any other problems up

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1228517
Posted Tuesday, January 3, 2012 6:41 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Monday, November 17, 2014 9:07 AM
Yes, I will work with one of their application users to check for missing / partial data. Thanks again for all your help and advice. This has been quite the learning experience!
Post #1229222
Posted Friday, August 22, 2014 11:27 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, November 24, 2014 3:28 AM
Hi
I have faced same issue after updating SP.

When the Database take offline and back to online its work fine...
Post #1606587
Posted Monday, August 25, 2014 7:16 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Friday, November 21, 2014 12:12 PM
satish.saidapur (8/22/2014)
Hi
I have faced same issue after updating SP.

When the Database take offline and back to online its work fine...

That is a really dangerous thing to do. There is no guarantee that any database in this state taken offline will ever be able to come back online.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database Administrator

Webpage: http://www.BrandieTarvin.net
LiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/
On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.

Freelance Writer: Shadowrun
Latchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.
Post #1607057
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1234

Permissions Expand / Collapse