Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Error 17052: SQL Server has been optimized for 8 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:41 PM
Are there procedures to follow when uninstalling the Personal edition and then installing the Enterprise edition?
Post #440122
Posted Tuesday, January 08, 2008 9:24 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Monday, April 14, 2014 10:14 AM
You might try googling for a more comprehensive step-by-step instructions, but two things that you might come across:

1. If you try installing EE and find that it only allows you to install it as an instance, then you will need to edit the registry;
2. When intalling EE, please make sure that the correct collation is selected, otherwise you will need to rebuild master;

Paul
Post #440130
Posted Tuesday, January 08, 2008 2:26 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:41 PM
We have a disk in house that says MS SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition (Reporting Services) - is this the correct version of the Standard Edition?
Post #440298
Posted Thursday, August 21, 2008 12:50 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2008 2:16 AM
hello
i have Sql enterprise v8.0 and i have same problem.
yesterday ,the sql server didn`t respond and all my program stoped.
in the event viewer this error genereted.

This SQL Server has been optimized for 8 concurrent queries. This limit has been exceeded by 91eries and performance may be adversely affected. "

please help.
Post #556304
Posted Monday, December 22, 2008 1:01 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, December 22, 2008 4:17 AM
@SSChampion

Well i am a .NET developer any i am testing my application on SQL Server 2000 PE, i am also facing the same problem of concurrent queries. I have read the article on msdn regarding WorkLoad Governor as well. What i have been able to understand is that there is only a delay before each logical read/write. What i want to ask is that is there any chance of queries to be missing in this case? Means, when WorkLoad Governor is activated in case of more than 8 concurrent operations, Doest it mean that any query at that time will be missed or would not work ? Please help me out so that i could configure my applications accordingly. Any useful suggestion for handling this problem for the sake of testing would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Post #623754
Posted Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:54 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:47 AM
i am also getting same error, and i am using version :-

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86) Dec 17 2002 14:22:05 Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation Desktop Engine on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

please let me know.
Post #1545772
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse