Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Has SSC considered developing tests? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:14 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:19 PM
Has SSC considered developing its own competency tests/quizzes for sql developers, dbas, or SQL Server in general?

I'm not talking about anything like a certification or certification prep, just a set of questions that would reveal areas of strength and weakness.

The primary purpose would be to show individuals where or how they might best spend their time improving their skills. Not only could this improve the general pool of talent available to employers but it could also assist the unemployed by making them more competitive in the job market. Lastly, it could help those who are considering becoming data professionals (Do I know as much as I should to begin seeking employment in this field?).

Just a thought. I think your organization would do it very well.
Post #1218648
Posted Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:16 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 6:13 AM
Check out the QOTD section. You can filter on categories. You also have access to a summary of your strengths & also how you compare against the rest of us.
Post #1218650
Posted Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:22 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 9:42 PM
We have, might do so again. Writing a test is hard. And it's fraught with hassles from people that complain.

I kick around now and then, so we'll see.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1218654
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse