Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

how to call excel (2007/2010) macro in SSIS Package (2005/2008) Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:48 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:43 AM
Hello,
My situation : -
Excel 2007 and 2010
MSBI - 2005 and 2008 (EE/SE)

Excel based macro has been written in above mentioned versions of excel.

Script Task : -
marco would copy and paste data from different sheets of 3 different excel files to one sheet to make it one consolidated data.

Requirement : -
Need to run those macros using SSIS on the excel file.

Please send me step by step process to do it.

Rgds,
Pankaj

Rgds,
Pankaj
Post #1211219
Posted Friday, December 9, 2011 4:11 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 15, 2014 7:19 PM
I strongly encourage you to find an alternative way to do what you are attempting.

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257757

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1219733
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse