Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Stairway to SQL Server Agent - Level 11: Maintenance Plan Jobs Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, October 15, 2011 3:07 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 30, 2014 11:41 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Stairway to SQL Server Agent - Level 11: Maintenance Plan Jobs

Post #1190971
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:08 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:01 AM
ok,good,very good.
Post #1252307
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:20 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Today @ 4:40 AM
check out ola.hallengren.com

Problem with this maintenance solution is that it doesn't take backup of new databases. You manually need to add it to the job. Hallengren's solution fixes all these problems.

Post #1252359
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:21 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:38 AM
Selecting "All Databases" or "All user databases" will backup any new databases automatically. I also recommend Hallengren's solutions but I just use the index maintenance. I feel that backups and integrity checks are very easily managed by maintenance plans... although to be fair I've not compared all the options of Hallengren's backup and integrity solutions to those in the maintenance plans.

David

Post #1252463
Posted Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:51 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 1:11 PM
runaldo (2/15/2012)
check out ola.hallengren.com

Problem with this maintenance solution is that it doesn't take backup of new databases. You manually need to add it to the job. Hallengren's solution fixes all these problems.

Ola's stuff addresses a HUGE range of flaws and shortcomings with the SQL Server Maintenance Plans! I recommend it to every one of my clients whether they be mom-and-pop or Fortune 500.

Best,

Kevin G. Boles
SQL Server Consultant
SQL MVP 2007-2012
TheSQLGuru at GMail
Post #1252479
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse