Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Know when to hold 'em Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:08 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:42 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Know when to hold 'em

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1181502
Posted Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:16 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:38 PM
Maybe someday you'll have one these PASS summits on the east coast so I can attend.

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival.
Post #1181736
Posted Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:19 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Friday, June 27, 2014 12:08 AM
sturner (9/27/2011)
Maybe someday you'll have one these PASS summits on the east coast so I can attend.

++

-- Stephen Cook
Post #1181796
Posted Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:39 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 9:30 AM
sturner (9/27/2011)

http://www.sqlpass.org/Community/PASSBlog/entryid/334/Announcing-PASS-Summit-2013-in-Charlotte.aspx

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1181820
Posted Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:41 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:42 PM
sturner (9/27/2011)

It's not my decision. I've argued for years it should be moved to serve the community. It is coming to Charlotte in 2013, IIRC

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1181823
Posted Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:44 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (9/27/2011)
It is coming to Charlotte in 2013, IIRC

Great for people from the East coast, far from great for anyone coming from Europe (or for that matter just about anywhere outside the USA). Oh well..

Gail Shaw
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

Post #1181829
Posted Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:47 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

It's not my decision. I've argued for years it should be moved to serve the community. It is coming to Charlotte in 2013, IIRC

Sounds great (only an hour away) see you all in two years! :

I will plan to attend.... that is of course if the world doesn't come to an end before then.

Post #1181832
Posted Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:04 AM

Ten Centuries

GilaMonster (9/27/2011)

Great for people from the East coast, far from great for anyone coming from Europe (or for that matter just about anywhere outside the USA). Oh well..

Sadly, my company doesn't see the direct benefit to its operations for shelling out the dough to pay for a 3000 mile trip plus lodging and food for me to attend a conference that may improve my skills. I can do everything that is needed to be done as it is, why should they spend such a sum only to see no visible difference?

They would give me the time off and minimal per-diem if I could drive myself though. I suspect other Database experts out there are in a similar situation. For that reasons it would be nice if this could be held in a different place *every* year.

Post #1181846
Posted Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:15 AM

SSC-Forever

sturner (9/27/2011)
GilaMonster (9/27/2011)

Sadly, my company doesn't see the direct benefit to its operations for shelling out the dough to pay for a 3000 mile trip plus lodging and food for me to attend a conference that may improve my skills. I can do everything that is needed to be done as it is, why should they spend such a sum only to see no visible difference?

Neither does mine (well, actually mine just doesn't have a training budget as it's a consulting company). I'm paying for a 10 000 mile (each way) trip, close on $2000 in air fares plus food and hotel at a 7-1 exchange rate over the currency that I earn in, all out of my own savings, plus a week and a half of lost billing.

Gail Shaw

Post #1181856
Posted Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:07 AM

Ten Centuries

GilaMonster (9/27/2011)

Neither does mine (well, actually mine just doesn't have a training budget as it's a consulting company). I'm paying for a 10 000 mile (each way) trip, close on $2000 in air fares plus food and hotel at a 7-1 exchange rate over the currency that I earn in, all out of my own savings, plus a week and a half of lost billing.

Wow.... you are a dedicated SQL Server junkie I'll give you that.

I might give up my own time and money if the location was somewhere a bit more exotic (like Jamaica or Aruba!) but alas, such is not the case.

Post #1182427
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse