Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««1234»»»

DB corrupted with event 17052 and Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 2 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:04 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:49 PM
as mentioned earlier, the database is gone. Look for some backup if they have, if not then they can learn from this disaster.

----------
Ashish
Post #1173900
Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:55 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:28 PM
Run SP_configure and set allow updates to 1. Update sysdatabases for that database and set the status to 32767.

Then see if you can access the DB and run checkdb. Not repair, just with the no_infomsgs and all_errormsgs options.

There's far more wrong here than just a suspect DB. You've got access violations all over the error log. This is one sick server. I'd suggest calling CSS, but SQL 2000 is out of support so they won't help you.

Your also running on a very low service pack of SQL 2000. SQL 8.0.818. Offhand I don't know what service pack that is, but it's not the last one available. I strongly suggest you patch that server to the latest service pack and consider an upgrade to 2008.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1173916
Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:20 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:08 PM
GilaMonster (9/13/2011)
Run SP_configure and set allow updates to 1. Update sysdatabases for that database and set the status to 32767.

Then see if you can access the DB and run checkdb. Not repair, just with the no_infomsgs and all_errormsgs options.

There's far more wrong here than just a suspect DB. You've got access violations all over the error log. This is one sick server. I'd suggest calling CSS, but SQL 2000 is out of support so they won't help you.

Your also running on a very low service pack of SQL 2000. SQL 8.0.818. Offhand I don't know what service pack that is, but it's not the last one available. I strongly suggest you patch that server to the latest service pack and consider an upgrade to 2008.

I certainly will try your advise and for sure I will upgrade it to 08/05 if I will be designated to take over this server/db, for now, I just want to try my best effort to see how much I can get the data back.

818 is SP2, can't believe it, eh? Me too.
Post #1174008
Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:39 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Friday, September 12, 2014 10:44 AM
halifaxdal (9/13/2011)
[quote]GilaMonster (9/13/2011)

I certainly will try your advise and for sure I will upgrade it to 08/05 if I will be designated to take over this server/db, for now, I just want to try my best effort to see how much I can get the data back.

818 is SP2, can't believe it, eh? Me too.[/quote

It's actually more Around SP3

http://www.aspfaq.com/sql2000builds.asp

You're only 5 years behind on the patches .

Denali's coming out in a few months if you can wait it out
Post #1174032
Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:42 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:28 PM
halifaxdal (9/13/2011)
GilaMonster (9/13/2011)

p.s. That should not be done on the production server...

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1174036
Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:13 AM

SSC Eights!

GilaMonster (9/13/2011)
halifaxdal (9/13/2011)
GilaMonster (9/13/2011)

p.s. That should not be done on the production server...

I wish I don't have to do this on prod, unfortunately now it's the prod that crashed, and no backup elsewhere, so other than doing this directly on prod, what can I do?

Post #1174061
Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:17 AM

SSC Eights!

Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:49 PM

As much I am aware about denali, you cant upgrade sql 2000 database to denali directly. You need to upgrade it to either 2005 or 2008 and then denali.

Microsoft gives the explanation for this:- We expect your environment should be upgraded to at least 2005 by now.

----------
Ashish
Post #1174064
Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:17 AM

SSC Eights!

That would be probably next year!

Those guys are chasing me and expecting me to make it working in one day!
Post #1174065
Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:19 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Friday, September 12, 2014 10:44 AM
halifaxdal (9/13/2011)

That would be probably next year!

Those guys are chasing me and expecting me to make it working in one day!

Time for a meeting about the sla, rpo & rto and buying more disk space and allotting the time you need to setup DR all over the place.
Post #1174067
Posted Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:24 AM

SSC Eights!

Ninja's_RGR'us (9/13/2011)
[quote]halifaxdal (9/13/2011)
[quote]GilaMonster (9/13/2011)

can you elaborate? i thought before SP_configure i have to be in that db, and it won't let me in that db. meaning the following won't work? or I just need to use in master?

use sels
go
sp_configure 'Allow updates',1
go
Post #1174071
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««1234»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse