Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

The 2011 SQLServerCentral Party at the PASS Summit Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:47 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
Did anyone have problems finding the party location last year? No one that I bumped into at the initial reception knew anything about it. I guess 2AB is one of the conference rooms.

Ken
Post #1178702
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:23 AM

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 7:16 AM
Steve,

Is there going to be a Guidebook for The Summit or the party events, to help us schedule them and get around town?

Also, I'm renting a car and am happy to help you get things done; lugging give away's around, helping bring them in from your car, even shopping if you are doing that in WA. Or whatever else you need on the night of the event to help setup or keep it going smoother so you can enjoy the event and do the part that only you can do: talk to folks.

Well, we can all talk, but what I mean is that lots of folks will want to talk to you specifically because there is only one Steve Jones. Well, actually there are a lot. Tip: Don't use First and Last as a PK or CI. Anyway, you know what I mean. Offload some of the mundane stuff to me and others wanting to give a helping hand.

Jim Murphy
http://www.sqlwatchmen.com
@SQLMurph
Post #1178766
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:31 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:59 PM
Jim Murphy (9/21/2011)
Steve,

Is there going to be a Guidebook for The Summit or the party events, to help us schedule them and get around town?

Also, I'm renting a car and am happy to help you get things done; lugging give away's around, helping bring them in from your car, even shopping if you are doing that in WA. Or whatever else you need on the night of the event to help setup or keep it going smoother so you can enjoy the event and do the part that only you can do: talk to folks.

Well, we can all talk, but what I mean is that lots of folks will want to talk to you specifically because there is only one Steve Jones. Well, actually there are a lot. Tip: Don't use First and Last as a PK or CI. Anyway, you know what I mean. Offload some of the mundane stuff to me and others wanting to give a helping hand.

I am with Jim. The Tuesdays Pre-Con of DeWitt is cancelled. So I am free on Tuesday. I can help you with stuff you need help with.

-Roy
Post #1178773
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:28 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
ken.trock (9/21/2011)
Did anyone have problems finding the party location last year? No one that I bumped into at the initial reception knew anything about it. I guess 2AB is one of the conference rooms.

Ken

2 is the floor, AB are the large rooms near the place where you come in.

Most rooms are listed by the floor, and are 2/4/6 on that side of the convention center.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1178956
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:30 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
Jim Murphy (9/21/2011)
Steve,

Thanks for the offer. Not sure what I'll be doing Tue, depends on what I get done the next few weeks. I'll have plenty of help from Red Gate, so I'm hoping there isn't a lot for me to do.

As for a guidebook, there's no coordination of events. And most companies throwing parties are not looking to have people hopping to other parties from theirs.

AFAIK, our Tues night party is the only Tues event, after the opening reception/quiz bowl. Not sure about other nights.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1178957
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:25 PM

SSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:14 PM
I couldn't say it before but I'll definitely be there. Thank all of you for making it possible!

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1179150
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:36 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
I really want to be there. Not too terribly sure I will make it. I have registered for Summit - but I have other family related things that look like they will be conflicting.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #1179155
Posted Monday, September 26, 2011 9:46 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 8:32 AM
SSC party... to play pocker sql server style

Post #1181108
Posted Monday, September 26, 2011 7:00 PM

SSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:14 PM
SQLRNNR (9/21/2011)
I really want to be there. Not too terribly sure I will make it. I have registered for Summit - but I have other family related things that look like they will be conflicting.

I hope everything is OK. And, yeah... you're definitely going to be missed. I was really hoping to meet you in person but I definitely understand the needs of the family.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1181442
Posted Friday, October 7, 2011 2:03 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:43 AM
First timer... but it won't be my last summit. Switched to SQL full-time after 15 years of being a developer.
Post #1187379
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse