Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Creating a 2 Node SQL Server 2008 Virtual Cluster Part 3 Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 14, 2014 5:49 PM
Today I was able to successfully complete all the 3 parts of this series. This was a great learning experience for me as I got the chance to build a cluster environment from scratch. In big companies, it is quite tough to gain this experience as there would be different teams (windows, network,storage, database team) involved in completing portions of the entire project. I would highly recommend this 3 part series to people who have not had the chance to work in building cluster environments in its entirety and this material would definetly help them to understand the various concepts in detail.

Many thanks to Perry again for sharing this excellent material with detailed screenshots. I only faced some issues while working on part 2 as I was not familiar with some networking concepts. However, the discussions with Perry on the forums kind of helped a lot.

Mohammed Moinudheen
Post #1197805
Posted Sunday, October 30, 2011 11:31 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 3:59 AM
Thank you Mohammed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1197816
Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 3:45 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:45 AM
Perry,
I finally found the article Part 3, this is wonderful, I just have question can I have multiple default sql instances on a SQL cluster? Or just one default instance

Thanks
APA
Post #1288549
Posted Monday, April 23, 2012 3:51 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 3:59 AM
APA0876 (4/23/2012)
Perry,
I finally found the article Part 3, this is wonderful, I just have question can I have multiple default sql instances on a SQL cluster? Or just one default instance

Thanks
APA

Only one default instance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1288552
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse