Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL 2008 R2 x64 Threading Issue Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, October 6, 2014 4:27 AM
Morning.....

I currently experiencing a threading issue when trying to process cubes. Before starting the cube we select sql server the detemine the number of threads/cpus's to use. The error I am getting is.....

OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: The query processor could not start the necessary thread resources for parallel query execution.; 42000

The server in question has 16 cpu's (8 dual cores), MS 2008 R2 x64 o/s & SQL 2008 R2 x64, 32Gb RAM of which 22Gb is allocated to SQL.
I installed the newly released SP1 yesterday and "hoped" this service pack would fix the issue. Has anybody else had this problem ??

Also, 'MAXDOP' is set to '8', max degree of parallelism' is set to '0', 'max worker threads' is also '0'.

Post #1140802
Posted Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:23 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, October 6, 2014 4:27 AM
ttt
Post #1141277
Posted Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:09 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, August 22, 2014 1:30 PM
I just had this issue today, I have the same environment as the one you have described.
Seems like Analysis Engine can't figure out how many parallel Processes it can run to handle the Cube processing, seems like a bug to me !

ole db error: ole db or odbc error: the query processor could not start the necessary thread resources for parallel query execution.; 42000.

So to work around it, I went under "Change settings" and forced the parallel execution to 4 and it is now processing... i hope it will go back to normal after help desk installs the pending patches or it seems that I will need to restart SSAS services
Post #1304840
Posted Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:46 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:59 AM
This might help...if you have already found a solution please let us know
Similar Issue
Post #1376682
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse