Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Reason that might cause Database became In Recovery in SQL Server 2008 Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 8:36 AM
suneet.tg (6/18/2013)
To overcome the recovery problem always shrink you log files.

No you can't. If the DB is in recovery the log can't be shrunk. Once the DB comes online the log shouldn't be shrunk. Shrinking is not going to prevent a DB going into recovery and is generally a poor thing to do to the log.

p.s. 2 year old thread.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1464485
Posted Wednesday, July 3, 2013 8:03 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 6:59 AM
I was facing same problem once after shrinking log files(reducing VLFs) recovery is fast.
Post #1470284
Posted Sunday, August 11, 2013 6:56 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 8:55 PM
yes correct as Gail told enterprise edition took online recovery while restart the server..

Standard Edition few months back i noticed that recovery on offline mode on Transaction log file 35 GB.. and tooks online 4 hours to become a online database.. so after online I did shrunk Log file upto 1 GB also configured Tlog backup every 30 mints then Tlog never grown more size.
Post #1483084
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse