Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

The SQL Server Black Box Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:06 AM
I had the same problem with not being able to stop the trace. Run this statement and you will get a list of all active traces: "select * from :: fn_trace_getinfo(default)". Then you can determine which trace ids are active and stop & close them using "sp_trace_setstatus [trace_id], [status]".

Edited by - jhkemp on 05/07/2003 5:40:04 PM

Post #58365
Posted Thursday, May 8, 2003 8:46 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:20 AM
I encountered an extremely intermitant problem that called for a trace. Three times one day and nothing for several weeks. I set up a trace but fired it from PerfMon when my Tempdb exceeded 5 Gigabyte. If you are looking for a specific problem you can start the trace from Perfmon.

Post #58366
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2003 9:46 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:46 AM
Brian,

Liked your article. I also like your book SQL Server 2000 For Experienced DBAs.

My Blackbox trace alternates between writing to blackbox.trc and blackbox_1.trc. How does this correlate with your advice?

"Make sure that you occasionally go through and delete the old trace file that may've rolled over."

Thanks,

Larry Ansley
Atlanta, GA

Larry Ansley
Atlanta, GA
Post #58367
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse