Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Stairway to Data, Step 5: Types of Scales – Part I Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:38 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Stairway to Data, Step 5: Types of Scales – Part I

Books in Celko Series for Morgan-Kaufmann Publishing
Analytics and OLAP in SQL
Data and Databases: Concepts in Practice
Data, Measurements and Standards in SQL
SQL for Smarties
SQL Programming Style
SQL Puzzles and Answers
Thinking in Sets
Trees and Hierarchies in SQL
Post #1108185
Posted Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:41 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:47 PM
Great narrative, Joe! I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the Borges commentary on the Wilkins discussion of Kuhn's attribution of the Chinese encyclopedic categorization of animals!

One question: At one point you state "The convention here is to allow gaps and say that they are both third and nobody is second." From my (anecdotal) experience, it is just the reverse (both second, nobody third) -- at least in the U.S.; perhaps that is all switched around and backward across the pond, eh?

BTW, I noticed just a few typos: "metr4ic", "Let's we will use...", "Do not confused the two."

And I think I can rule out trans-national differences on this one because I lived for a time in Australia (which approaches Britain asymptotically)... the cute little spiny anteater was spelled "echidna" rather than "ekidna".

Kind regards,
~~Michael Sorens

Post #1137621
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse