Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Users From Hell Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:36 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/dpoole/usersfromhel

LinkedIn Profile
Newbie on www.simple-talk.com
Post #110672
Posted Sunday, April 18, 2004 9:38 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:20 PM

Absolutely great! 

I particularly like "the consultant".  Now I am one of those, though I'm not very good looking, own a BMW or have better luck with the opposite sex

Post #111811
Posted Monday, April 19, 2004 1:12 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Today @ 12:49 AM

Really nice, made me laugh.

Once had a project involving Crystal Reports. And I told a user that the reports could be exported to excel. But it didn't work the user told me :-(.

Turns out that the user tried to export the reports by renaming the reportfiles from reportX.rpt to reportX.xls .......

cheers

You must unlearn what You have learnt
Post #111821
Posted Monday, April 19, 2004 2:07 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:05 AM

Great story!

All these people do exist! Highly enjoyable and nice to know the different kinds are labeled.

Tjalling

Post #111828
Posted Monday, April 19, 2004 2:23 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, June 11, 2005 2:20 PM

Very entertaining article!

We can always remember a person that fits one of the labels.

But I think that labeling people is a very dangerous way to follow and is a very narrow way of looking at life.

Post #111830
Posted Monday, April 19, 2004 6:16 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, April 19, 2004 6:14 AM

All I can say is .... PREACH ON BROTHA...

Post #111874
Posted Monday, April 19, 2004 7:24 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:22 AM

I found my self not only laughing but thinking of people that fit each category.

We in the IT field (Programmers, DBAs, Admins) must forgive the mere mortals. They no not what we do.

Will

Post #111893
Posted Monday, April 19, 2004 7:37 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 10:33 AM
This is so true!!!  Especially the evangelist.  What is worse, is I saw the same amount of the evangelist in school as I have in the workplace.  If you even tried to do something in visual studio, there were some profs that would want to fail you, because you did not use VI and gnu to write a C program. 

Post #111896
Posted Monday, April 19, 2004 8:13 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, July 9, 2004 8:12 AM

These people exist, and always have, regardless of the technology.  It was great reading it to be reminded that the people I work with really aren't unique.

I have found these same people also hang around government, or at least municipal government where I have some experience as an elected official.  They come to meetings and imply very clearly we are either slow or stupid and tend to talk to us loudly as if we can't hear very well.  They then go on to point out just how we should do our jobs (to their benefit of course) as if we hadn't already understood all of that several years ago but for financial reasons simply could not implement.

Post #111922
Posted Monday, April 19, 2004 9:07 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:36 AM

I forgot to put in one particular class of user, and I can't think of a smart ass name for them other than "Git".

The Git insists that some obscure, hard to implement function is an absolutely crucial deliverable to the project.  This function extends the project development timeline (without extending actual elapsed time of course) by a minimum of two weeks.

On completion of the project a urine sample reveals that you are passing pure caffeine.

Two years later you are asked to migrate the entire project to a .NET platform and find that, apart from your test data, the facility has never been used

LinkedIn Profile
Newbie on www.simple-talk.com
Post #111934
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse