Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

The log for database is not available; Database was shutdown due to error 9001 in routine 'XdesRMFull::Commit'. Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 3:20 AM
Hi,
I just got the same error on one of my database and would like to share how I recovered from it.

Troubleshooted by following
(1)Take database offline
(2) bring database online
(3) change the database property to Auto Close = False
(4) we need to run dbcc so we will require db in single mode. change the database property to single user mode.
(5) run below dbcc command
dbcc checkdb ('db', REPAIR_REBUILD)
(6) now it should run fine and above log related error should not appear.
(7) change database property to “Multi User mode”

Note that we run dbcc every weekly and this error was not appeared at that time. I also have plenty of free disk space so I am still not clear why error appeared.

In my case above method worked. If there is any better way to troubleshoot this, then let me know.

Can someone let me know why this error appears? I mean what causes this ?
Post #1458199
Posted Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:29 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Today @ 1:18 AM
"Device not ready" usually means the server lost a disk (if your disk is a SAN device), check with your SAN admin to see what happened.
You can confirm it by looking in the windows system event log, you should see messages from the SAN vendor driver (i.e. EMC drivers complaining a path/port/device just died).

Once you get your disk back (after a few seconds or after intervention) you can try:
ALTER DATABASE [MyDB] SET ONLINE

If that fail, the error log will give you more info on what's going on.
Post #1458218
Posted Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:43 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:16 AM
We have also received Alert: The log for database is not available Resolution state: New

from SCOM

Thanks

Post #1541457
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse