Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Tracing Deadlocks Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, August 17, 2014 11:51 AM
First off, kudoz to Siva! I have a more clear picture now that I can better read through the log. I definitely have a bit of reworking to do, though I do not have the luxury of always accessing objects in the same order all the time. But that's a story for another time. I was hoping I could get a lamen's explanation for deadlocks that read:

"Transaction (Process ID ###) was deadlocked on lock | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.."

It then prints out node after node of what appears to be chinese. From MSDN I gathered that it's attempting to reroute the Query somehow. Is this worse than the regular deadlocks discussed in the article? And what the heck is it trying to do?
Post #363166
Posted Friday, December 26, 2008 11:56 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, December 26, 2008 1:58 PM
Hello,
Does somebody has idea how to identify rows that are involved in deadlock? I can trace deadlock information including SQL statements but I still can't see bonded values or any other information that helps to identify rows.
Appreciate your attention!
Thank you.
Post #625989
Posted Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:31 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:46 PM
Hi Shiva
Nice post about TF information..
I would like to know Owner:0x0000000BA7ED6780 this shows in result of Trace flag output..
And how i can know which table are locked from TF 1204 output.

Aim to inspire rather than to teach.
SQL Server DBA
Post #1285734
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse