Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

Error with SSIS and Excel Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 6, 2014 2:17 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:15 PM
i am getting this problem as well. if i open the file manually and save it then the file works. of course if we wanted to do things manually then we would have different jobs. i have tried to copy as .xlsx using a file system task but with no avail. has anyone else figured this out?
Post #1538863
Posted Friday, February 7, 2014 12:07 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 10:36 AM
Can you explain in more detail what do you mean by this bit please?

.. tried to copy as .xlsx ...

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1539022
Posted Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:22 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:15 PM
i tried to change the file extention to see if the file was created in the wrong file format. the way we ended up fixing the issue is the person that created the file changed the sheet name to be less than 30 characters. once he changed the name of the tab the file works with no problem. maybe SSRS allows sheet names of over 30 characters?
Post #1544310
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse