Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS 2008 report directly in Excel/CSV Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 6, 2012 2:10 PM
Hello

I want to create an environment where I want to be able to use SSRS 2008 to return a report directly in Excel, if possible. I know of the facility to export a report to excel... but, what I really need is that if someone clicks on a particular report, instead of rendering in Report viewer, it should prompt the user to download the report in excel format.

Please let me know if that's possible? I am using SSRS 2008 R2 with Sharepoint 2010 integrated.

Thanks,
Anish
Post #1095310
Posted Monday, May 2, 2011 9:31 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 8:40 AM
You can do that using C#/Vb.Net and Reporting webservice.. Read the Scott's blog..
http://weblogs.asp.net/srkirkland/archive/2007/10/29/exporting-a-sql-server-reporting-services-2005-report-directly-to-pdf-or-excel.aspx
Hope this helps..
Post #1101666
Posted Tuesday, May 3, 2011 7:44 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Friday, September 23, 2011 9:40 AM
It might be easier and more straight forward to use the URL Access Parameters. You can then just call the report you want from any web part that you can create hyperlinks (links, page viewer, content editor... or even the local navigation). Here is the standard MS article describing URL access parameters for SSRS:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152835.aspx

The command you are looking for in the URL is rs:Format=xls

Post #1102348
Posted Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:13 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 6:58 AM
Hello all... I have a similar problem but with 1 additional issue.
That issue is: What if user(s) set various parameters and then do not want to run the report to first be viewed in web-interface and then being given the option to export the report into excel/pdf/etc formats.
layman terms of putting this "import it directly to excel by setting the parameters"
I'm a sql developer and I know there is a asp.net solution out there that has been put by asp developer(s) found here
http://weblogs.asp.net/srkirkland/archive/2007/10/29/exporting-a-sql-server-reporting-services-2005-report-directly-to-pdf-or-excel.aspx

so is there a sql way way of doing this?
-Darkraijin
Post #1542552
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse