Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

In SQL 2000, security login inquiry Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:58 PM
We used the trace file and saw an "SA" ID login in SQL2K was failed and the hostname is blank. Is it possible that the "SA" ID in SQL 2000 was able to login and you cannot capture the HostName?
Post #1093984
Posted Friday, April 15, 2011 6:17 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 5:28 AM
if an application explicitly codes the "Workstation Id = " section to a connection string, then you can blank or or spoof the values you might expect:
here's a connection string example,and here's how to do it in SSMS:

Dim mySqlConnectionFormat As String = "data source={0};initial catalog={1};user id={2};password={3};Trusted_Connection=False;Connect Timeout=600;Workstation ID=FAKEMACHINE;Application Name=GhostInTheMachine;"

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1094063
Posted Monday, April 18, 2011 11:33 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:58 PM
thanks Lowell.

I may need a sample script to automatically know an attemp to use "SA" ID login in SQL2K was failed. I need to capture the HostName used.
Post #1095415
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse