Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Critique - What is this cache and how did it get so big? Expand / Collapse
Author
SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 2:01 PM
This was the abstract as selected for SQL Sat 63. Going to submit to PASS for the fall. Thoughts please?

Ever wonder what's in your SQL Plan cache? Wonder why or how it got so big? This session will cover what it is, how it's used, how it can affect performance and how poor application and query design can make it worse. Rather than put participants to sleep with a slide deck we will get down and dirty with lots of demos.
Post #1088931
Posted Monday, April 11, 2011 4:17 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 7:29 PM
Scalability Doug (4/5/2011)
This was the abstract as selected for SQL Sat 63. Going to submit to PASS for the fall. Thoughts please?

Ever wonder what's in your SQL Plan cache? Wonder why or how it got so big? This session will cover what it is, how it's used, how it can affect performance and how poor application and query design can make it worse. Rather than put participants to sleep with a slide deck we will get down and dirty with lots of demos.

The one thing I'd do to change this abstract is replace several of the "it" words in the second& third sentence. Reinforce what you're talking about. Other than that, I like it. Define a problem. Tell me about your session. Give me a take away. I'm happy with that much.

----------------------------------------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." Theodore Roosevelt
The Scary DBA
Author of: SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning
SQL Server 2008 Query Performance Tuning Distilled
and
SQL Server Execution Plans

Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Post #1091811
Posted Monday, April 11, 2011 11:47 PM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 11:47 AM
Flesh the abstract out. You need more detail on what's in, what we'll learn to submit to Pass.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1091880
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse