Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Transactional Replication Agents Wont Start Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:07 PM
Hello I have setup transactional replication on my Network and I get the following error when I right click my publication and select view status publication:

The job failed. The Job was invoked by User XXXXXXX. The last step to run was step 3 (Detect nonlogged agent shutdown.).

What can be casuing this?
Post #1076637
Posted Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:26 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:23 AM
This is most probably permission issue. Double check what account the SQL Service and Agent runs under in all your servers connected to replication.
Did you change the Service account while setting up replication? If so, did you use SQL Server configuration manager to change it?

-Roy
Post #1078945
Posted Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:08 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:07 PM
Thanks for your help. Really appreciated.

My service account did change and I changed it all over I beleive but maybe not in config manger. Which service should I alter in there? Thanks
Post #1079035
Posted Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:20 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:23 AM
You should always use SQL Server Configuration manager. It makes sure that all the rights are propagated properly.
Here is a link that might probably help you.

-Roy
Post #1079046
Posted Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:49 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, September 4, 2014 5:16 AM

Despite all standard mechanism/best practices, just change the "Subscriber Connection" account to some .. even SQL authentication account; from "Subscriber's Properties" window(SSMS).

Wrote here for any future visitor to this thread, if any!

:)
Post #1602253
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse