Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Monitoring FTP impact of DB compiling performance Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:02 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:08 AM
Our current setup is configured where local data servers are used to directly FTP the respective databases housed on that server to production servers. What I want to investigate is the processing impact of FTP'ing on the server while databases are running (and vice-versa) - as there may need to be a business case put forward to alter the current arrangement. While I have seen, VBS scripts to track CPU load, I want to have an understanding of all factors - CPU load, RAM and upload bandwidth? Are there any standardised rules-of-thumb on how to monitor these? Presuambly, I'll need to monitor all factors twice, once sans FTP, then a DB run while FTP'ing?

Thanks.
Rob
Post #1068913
Posted Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:27 AM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:42 AM
Hi I have kind of same issue going. First have to do FTP done,. And second what is the performance impact on the server while doing this FTP when DB's are in online.
Right now I am facing issues with FTP.. If someone know please guide me.

Hi robertprice45 If you have the process to do FTP, Please walk me through.
Thanks in advance.
Post #1068999
Posted Thursday, February 24, 2011 10:45 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:08 AM
The VBS code for tracking CPU performance of all running processes is here: http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3560366/Monitor-CPU-Usage-of-All-Running-Processes--Part-I.htm
Post #1069118
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse