Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS How to trigger subscription when data is ready Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:46 AM

SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, May 17, 2014 5:41 AM
hi guys,

I have a few Reports that are subscripte bei a normal subscription meaning having a fixed time where it will be executed.
However it happens, that the data for those reports is not ready yet.

I thought this problem will be solved by a data driven subscription but there you just can get the "parameters" (e.g. TO, CC, Subject, Report-Parameters) set. There seems no way to say, that there should be an check up on if the data is ready (e.g. select table for success) and then delay 5 minutes to check again.

How did you fix this issue?

Mitch
Post #1065676
Posted Friday, February 18, 2011 7:32 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:41 AM
You could take a couple approaches.

You could disable the agent job that runs the subscription. Then put some code at the end of your data load that executes the agent job using sp_start_job.

Or, you could build some sort of log table that your data load writes to when it is complete, then use the data driven subscription to test for certain conditions in the log before executing the report.
Post #1066389
Posted Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:13 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:44 AM
2008 R2 has an option to execute the data-drive subscription, "When the report data is updated on the report server".
Post #1071771
Posted Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:57 AM

SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Saturday, May 17, 2014 5:41 AM
Thx guys.
As I am looking for a more native way to handle this, so non so technical people can configure those Subscription I will wait for the R2, which I will get in the next few weeks and will look in to the new data-driven execution.
Post #1071792
Posted Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:02 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:21 PM
Did you get any answer how to execute/trigger report when data is ready? I am looking for same thing. I am using R2 but do not know exact steps how to achive this.
Post #1464763
Posted Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:06 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:21 PM
I used data driven subscription where report executes and distirbutes single/multple times and delivered to by email.

Could you please tell me steps where I can set something where subscription will check if data is ready every 5 mins and if yes then execute report for once and stop running second time. We have early morning data load where I like to trigger report execution as soon as data ready.
Post #1464765
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse