Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Calling SQL Server With A BlackBerry Phone Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 9, 2011 9:02 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:55 AM
Thanks Glen, no, the blackberry directory on my desktop can't be reached over the Web. What would I need to do to achieve that? I see you mention an asp page, do I have to create a BlackBerry.asp page which corresponds to my C:\BlackBerry folder?
All our pc's are in a lan so I guess I don't have a router to redirect port 1433. I have WinXP SP2.

Post #1061248
Posted Wednesday, February 9, 2011 9:22 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:29 PM
You must be able to see the directory, eg.

http://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/images/imageHelp.htm

where nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn is your external IP address and /images (or whatever) is your Web directory.

If you want to use internal IP addresses on your lan, I have an enhancement to do that (it "pulls" images, rather than "push" them):

http://www.newdalesystems.com/Articles/Article017/images.zip

You just need to replace the original asp/htm files with the revised ones. Also, this enhancement has a new XML configuration file that will hide the server parameters in the browser by setting a flag on (instructions are in that file). The updated article explains how this enhancement works.

R Glen Cooper
Post #1061276
Posted Wednesday, February 9, 2011 3:52 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:43 PM
I cannot see any code implementation???
Post #1061609
Posted Wednesday, February 9, 2011 3:56 PM

SSCoach

SSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoachSSCoach

Last Login: Today @ 12:08 PM
Thanks for the insight.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Post #1061610
Posted Wednesday, February 9, 2011 3:56 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

I'm not sure what you're asking, but...

When you unzip images.zip, you will see another file imagesPackage.zip that you need to unzip.

R Glen Cooper
Post #1061611
Posted Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:06 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:27 PM
Cool article, but i'd like to know if you use the blackberry toolkit from vb.net and then you use a web service?? or wath did you do?

thanks alot and nice article

Post #1061691
Posted Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:53 PM
Valued Member

It's just a little vbscript on the desktop web server making connections to SQL Servers and issuing SQL queries on those servers.

R Glen Cooper
Post #1061700
Posted Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:20 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:55 AM
Hi Glen, I've downloaded the files and I'll be looking at them(on and off ) during the weekend.
In a previous reply, you say, "The updated article explains how this enhancement works", where's the updated article?
In your last reply, you say, "desktop web server". What is it?
Post #1061745
Posted Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:15 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, April 11, 2011 9:57 AM
Nice article.

As an FYI. BlackBerries can get to https pages as long as the certificate is from a trusted Certificate Authority such as Verisign.

Regards
Post #1061765
Posted Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:02 AM
Valued Member

Hi Ben,

Thank you for that update on trusted authorities. Also, while we're in error correction mode, third-party PDF readers are only required for reading downloaded files (not sure why BB doesn't give better support for this).

R Glen Cooper
Post #1061890
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse