Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Reporting Services Part I: Overview, Architecture and Installation Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:19 AM

Hi,

Liked the article, as it is very close to real situations and will definitely help new users.

One thing I would like to bring in your attention is about Email Subscription for MAPI, you said, BYE BYE MAPI , than what gonna happen for those enterprises using MAPI based email systems like Lotus Notes? Therefore, could you please shed some light in your later articles on this hot issue (at least for me) and its possible solution(s)?

Good work! Keep it up!

Post #218351
Posted Friday, September 9, 2005 1:11 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:20 PM

All email communication from RS is done via SMTP. For email systems that are MAPI-based, they should have some SMTP gateway to send to directly (I'm fairly sure Notes has one).

If there isn't, a possible workaround would be to use the SMTP service on an IIS box send emails from RS directly to it.  I highly recommend avoiding this -- SMTP services are a high-profile hacking target.  If you have to use it, make sure it is behind your company firewall and not exposed to the Internet.

You should be hard-pressed to find an email system that doesn't have some means of accepting emails via SMTP.  It may require an add-on or additional configuration, but all of the should have *some* method of doing so.

Thanks for the feedback, good question!

Post #218549
Posted Monday, November 7, 2005 11:37 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, October 3, 2006 10:51 AM

In your article you stated that someone will come up with a way to convert Crystal Reports into the Microsoft format.  Someone already has, (a consulting company) but they were immediately sued by Business Objects (who owns Crystal Reports).  From what I am told the conversion program was in the wild (on the net) for a few days prior to being pulled, so it might be findable, but Crystal is being VERY proprietary in protecting Crystal Reports, so don’t expect to see much in the way of conversion technology.

Post #235533
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse