Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Creating Inferred Dimension Members with SSIS Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, March 14, 2014 3:10 AM
Hi Robert, this is a great article and elegant way to add inferred dimension.

Just wanted to know how was BKColumnList planned to be used?
Post #1409476
Posted Monday, January 21, 2013 8:35 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 7:47 AM
Hello,

BKColumnList is a comma separated list of the fields that make up the business key or natural key of your dimension. The sample uses a single field (Product_Nbr) as the business key. However, dimensions may use a composite business key. For example, the business key of the sample dimension could have been the combination of Product_Nbr and Product_Name, in which case the value of BKColumnList would be "Product_Nbr, Product_Name".
Post #1409587
Posted Monday, February 11, 2013 1:42 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Today @ 6:28 AM
Nice article!
Plain, Simple, Clear, and To the Point!
Thanks for sharing :)

Dattatrey Sindol
Blog: Datta's Ramblings on Business Intelligence 'N' Life

This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Post #1418252
Posted Monday, March 24, 2014 2:20 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, April 13, 2015 10:23 AM
Very good and well written article. Would it be possible to get the SSIS solution files uploaded to the site ?
Post #1554211
Posted Tuesday, April 14, 2015 3:23 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:20 AM
Hello,

thank you for article. Could someone please upload the Project Files of this solution? I am not unable to make this work as the scrip task returns some error.

"[Generate Product_Key for no match [28]] Error: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException (0x80040E14): There are fewer columns in the INSERT statement than values specified in the VALUES clause. The number of values in the VALUES clause must match the number of columns specified in the INSERT statement.
Invalid column name 'EE505'.
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ScriptComponentHost.HandleUserException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ScriptComponentHost.ProcessInput(Int32 inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostProcessInput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 inputID, IDTSBuffer100 pDTSBuffer, IntPtr bufferWirePacket)"

Thanks

David
Post #1676816
Posted Thursday, April 16, 2015 6:50 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 7:47 AM
Hi David,

I've included the .dtsx file inside a .zip attachment. The SSIS package includes a single connection manager that points to localhost, and a database named "DataWarehouse". I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Post Attachments 
Load_DataWarehouse.zip (1 view, 32.05 KB)
Post #1677580
Posted Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:13 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:20 AM
rrubocki (4/16/2015)
Hi David,

I've included the .dtsx file inside a .zip attachment. The SSIS package includes a single connection manager that points to localhost, and a database named "DataWarehouse". I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Thank you very much, that must help :) .. I appreciate your time!

Kind regards,
David
Post #1678848
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse