Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 12»»

Creating Inferred Dimension Members with SSIS Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 22, 2014 2:22 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Creating Inferred Dimension Members with SSIS
Post #1031616
Posted Wednesday, December 8, 2010 12:06 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 11:31 AM
A great article. Very detailed and easy to follow.
Post #1032097
Posted Wednesday, December 8, 2010 2:02 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:56 PM
Looking for this for a while..thanks!
Post #1032152
Posted Thursday, December 9, 2010 1:43 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:32 AM
A good example, though I am new to SSIS and was unable to find the SourceName when building the Script Component. From where is that input coming ?

Thanks.

Post #1032718
Posted Thursday, December 9, 2010 2:19 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

That's a good catch. The SourceName field does not exist in this solution and it should not be included in the screenshot (Figure 14).

It can be beneficial to record in your dimension table the source of the dimension row. In an earlier iteration of this solution, I added the SourceName column to the data flow and assigned it a value. While the solution no longer uses that column, a SourceName value can be added to the InsertColumnList / InsertColumnValues columns so the source of the record is included in the dimension table.
Post #1032734
Posted Thursday, December 9, 2010 3:07 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:48 PM
Good article, needed to know a little about SSIS while following example.

Thanks,
Thomas

Thomas LeBlanc, MCITP DBA 2005, 2008 & MCDBA 2000
http://thesmilingdba.blogspot.com/
Post #1032760
Posted Sunday, December 12, 2010 10:17 PM

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, December 16, 2013 12:35 AM
hello ,
I have gone through this blog post and i followed the same things as described in this article but i could not get the solution and its just sending some error also i am new to SSIS and i dont no how the SSIS tools are used.mainly i dont no how lookup transformation works and other tool too..
so can any one help me out ..in order to know and perform as this article.to obtain the solution also i could not get the idea where we put the VB script code in visual studio ?..which project have to make to execute a package...as same in this article.
so help me out to know this article with more details..i am also just working in the field of BI mainly SSRS/SSAS.
Thanks
Anil Maharjan
Post #1033586
Posted Monday, December 13, 2010 8:54 PM

Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, December 16, 2013 12:35 AM
hello,
I also try to implement as similar to this blog but couldnot get the solution excatly some error occurrs.
So,i am also wondering where we can download the package you built,can't we use the package that you already built.Hope you will help us out..!!!
Also i am new to SSIS so could some one suggest me some blog\links from where we can learn SSIS basic details.
hope some one help me out... :)

Thanks
Anil Maharjan
Post #1034171
Posted Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:20 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Anil,

Welcome to SSIS! This article admittedly covers a more advanced topic and is not geared for SSIS beginners. Here is some reference material you may find helpful. I also encourage you to search and participate in forums on SQL Server Central. There is a lot of great information for SSIS beginners.

- Tutorial: Creating a Simple ETL Package: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms169917.aspx (Lesson 1, Step 6 covers configuration of a Lookup Transformation)
- Lookup Transformation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141821.aspx
- Extending the Data Flow with the Script Component: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms136118.aspx
Post #1034461
Posted Friday, January 6, 2012 1:35 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:27 PM
hi - thanks so much for such a timely article! Just trying to do exactly what you have outlined in this article, - which I feel was extremely well laid out and clear. Thanks for it!
Post #1231724
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 12»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse