Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Turn off Predictive Typing Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, March 3, 2014 8:35 PM
LOL! gotta laugh at column names that are S and I. The thing with intellisense is it allows you to use more descriptive naming of columns without the hassle of having to rewrite the full column name out (depending on the name).
While its far from perfect, I find the intellisense to be very useful.
It just means your touch typing has to include one more keypress. Esc :)
I do that a lot. When I'm typing in something that perhaps is not coming up correctly, I'll just hit esc to stop the somewhat-intelligent sensing of the word I want to use :)
Thats not to say I'm getting it to work 100% of the time, but its definitely better than nothing.
Post #1442537
Posted Monday, April 15, 2013 5:51 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 2:33 PM
Henrico Bekker (11/12/2010)
Well, every one is entitled to their opinions, but I have to disagree.
IntelliSense is a great feature and cuts dev time in half over a long period for us who also type alot, and who have also been using computers daily for a long time....and dont want to type out schemaname.verylongtablenamewithunderscores.columname....

see?

In that case, I have to agree with the first person that disagreed with your agreement.

I hate Intellisense. Try typing t.N and see what you get. Try typing IDENTITY or just ID. Huge PITA for me. I love the part that matches parenthesis but hate pretty much everything else about it.

Of course, like you said, to each their own. I would never forbid someone in my shop from using it. Some folks that can't touch type swear by it. Heh... since I can touch type, I just swear at it.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1442547
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse