Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

E-mail Unicode Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:14 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:44 AM
Good day, I have a problem in time to shoot an e-mail via sp_send_dbmail procedure, when I put some special character in the subject field, we have some people who receive the e-mail like this (=? Utf-8? B? QWxlcnRhIGRlIERvY ...), was searching the net and found that the problem is Unicode, does anyone know how to force the SQL server Unicode utf-8?
Post #1015838
Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:48 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Today @ 1:11 AM

did you ever find a solution to this problem? We're experiencing the same issue. Everything goes well until the length of the subject passes 179 characters AND it includes the character § (haven't tried with any other character because I need to use this as separator for a 3rd party application). Below that length no problem, larger than 179 without § no problem.

Both SQL Server 2008 SP1 and SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 seem to have this issue.

It looks like it's related to the combination Outlook-SQL Server-Exchange because I can send a mail from SQL Server to my Gmail account with the "bad" subject line and receive it correctly. Sending a mail from Outlook 2010 with the "bad" subject line to myself works fine again.

Post #1274108
Posted Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:58 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:43 AM
Ok, we have this "sp_send_dbmail" problem, too. Anybody there who has an answer now? I was searching for a solution but still didn't find one.
Thanks in advance.
Post #1361202
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse