Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««23456»»»

Sending E-Mail from SQL 2008 Express Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:48 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 6:43 PM
Jeff Moden (11/4/2010)
I have to ask because I just don't know... Hopefully, one of you do. Is CDONTS and sp_OA* available in SQL Server Express?

Anyone?

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1023256
Posted Friday, November 19, 2010 1:02 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:31 AM

Thank you for answer.
I change path and permissions with a share folder with permission to everyone.
But no change : mail is sending, we receive it well but without attach file.
Other idea ?
Post #1023343
Posted Friday, November 19, 2010 3:32 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, March 3, 2014 9:17 AM
It was changed to a shared path - do you mean a UNC path? Is the path to the file something like this: \\server\folder? If so, then try mapping that to a local drive and try it again.
Post #1023380
Posted Friday, November 19, 2010 4:13 AM
Forum Newbie

Yes, UNC path. I tried on the server and on my computer. And I tried server/computer name and with IP adress.
Same problem : mail is sending but without attach file
And there isn't any error message and I've no idea how debug this process...
Post #1023400
Posted Friday, November 19, 2010 4:47 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, March 3, 2014 9:17 AM
And you verified the NTFS permissions?
Post #1023412
Posted Friday, November 19, 2010 5:41 AM
Forum Newbie

yes i did;
control total to everyone
Post #1023436
Posted Friday, November 19, 2010 7:09 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:59 AM
Jeff Moden (11/18/2010)
Jeff Moden (11/4/2010)
I have to ask because I just don't know... Hopefully, one of you do. Is CDONTS and sp_OA* available in SQL Server Express?

Anyone?

I'm not certain, but I don't think CDONTS will be available. Don't think it'd be part of the install of SQL Server Express, but it *might* be part of the OS install, or might come with Microsoft Office if you've got the right parts installed. You're more likely to have CDOSYS I think, if it's newer version of Windows. In googling a bit it looks like maybe SQL Server Express does have email stuff on the SQL Server side, but the core email components (DLLs) are not included and emailing-related services are disabled and buried.

Sorry for the waffly answer.

Post #1023499
Posted Friday, November 19, 2010 7:33 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 12:14 PM
dmbaker (11/19/2010)
Jeff Moden (11/18/2010)
Jeff Moden (11/4/2010)

Anyone?

I'm not certain, but I don't think CDONTS will be available. Don't think it'd be part of the install of SQL Server Express, but it *might* be part of the OS install, or might come with Microsoft Office if you've got the right parts installed. You're more likely to have CDOSYS I think, if it's newer version of Windows. In googling a bit it looks like maybe SQL Server Express does have email stuff on the SQL Server side, but the core email components (DLLs) are not included and emailing-related services are disabled and buried.

Sorry for the waffly answer.

I am running 2008 developer, 2005 standard and Express and yes Express comes with the sp_OA just like SQL Server 2008 developer but no CDONTS. The reason those are COM dll which the developer division have depreciated since 2005 version of .NET.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #1023527
Posted Friday, November 19, 2010 8:21 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 12:14 PM
clement.degroote (11/19/2010)
yes i did;
control total to everyone

If permissions is not the issue it may related to the attachement definition in the code. There are two ways to send attachments with System.net.mail one is to use filesystem or to use the streams both require System.IO Import or Using statement.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
Post #1023555
Posted Monday, November 22, 2010 7:45 AM
Forum Newbie

Hello.
Sorry, but I don't understand. Could you tell me more ?
Post #1024341
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««23456»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse